SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arigo Surgeon of the Rusty Knife Video

2 posters

Go down

Arigo Surgeon of the Rusty Knife Video Empty Arigo Surgeon of the Rusty Knife Video

Post by Admin Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:18 am

Hi All

This is a fascinating video of an American MD who was in the NASA project about his astonishing experiences with Psychic surgery

Part 1

Jim

Last edited by Admin on Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Arigo Surgeon of the Rusty Knife Video Empty Re: Arigo Surgeon of the Rusty Knife Video

Post by Admin Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:21 am

Part 2

He goes on after Arigos passing

Cheers

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Arigo Surgeon of the Rusty Knife Video Empty Re: Arigo Surgeon of the Rusty Knife Video

Post by zerdini Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:27 am

I thought I recognised him - It's Andrija Puharich who also worked with Uri Geller.

He passed away in 1995.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:42 am

Hi All,

Synchronicity, I found a link to a rely to a reviewer of a new book on Arego it is well worth a read because the reviewer replies.
http://www.nybooks.com/articles/9432

He also mentions Lourival de Freitas a Spiritist Psychic Surgeon

There is one mention of him here with a brilliant series of mistranslation from German to Portugese and by Google to English
http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.spiritrelease.ch/html/interessantes/interview_passian.html&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=7&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3DSpiritist%2B%2BLourival%2Bde%2BFreitas%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

Then one including a segment referring to
In the Christmas 1993 issue of Psychic News, journalist Tim Haigh recalled the visit of this famous psychic surgeon to Britain in July 1966:

This South American psychic astounded a 50 strong audience at the Spiritualist Association of Great Britain with some very graphic spirit surgery.

PN's assistant editor of the time, Roy Stemman, felt his stomach turn over as he watched proceedings.

'I had just seen a knife apparently plunged by [de Freitas] into the eye of a woman with a cataract,' he wrote.

'I steeled myself and watched in astonishment as, after pressing on the eyelid, he squeezed a tiny object out into his hand. It was handed to a doctor, who identified it [as a cataract].'

People may question the working practices of Stephen Turoff, but compared to de Freitas, they seem rather tame.

Not only was the latter in full possession of his faculties, i.e. not entranced, but he was also in the habit of drinking generous quantities of whisky before beginning operations!"

Hmm A Spirited Spiritist Surgeon in all senses.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:11 am

Hmm

Of course Arigi was entranced by Doctor Fritz who was supposedly killed while a surgeon in a German Field Hospital in World War 1.

If you are not squeamish you can look at this video which shows the latest incarnation. In honesty I really have no idea what to make of all this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYRKCvL_Lf4

It seems clear something happens and the evidence is no one appears to die from the practices. It seems to be almost peculiarly succesful in the culture of Brazil with its wierd cross mix from Catholic to Voodoo and beyond. The Spiritists form a very large middle block here of about 40 million. Replication in the Phillipines has been quite easily debuncked, in the majority of cases but as the treated their have faith in the surgeons it still has a high success rate on pyschosomatic diseases and the healers are reported as using magnetic healing (like spiritual but using their own energy) to obtain a masking of symptoms needed for the brain to switch the trigger off.

Its a bit like part spirit part faith part placebo part the masss effect of all the love and energy. However there are failures and as for many of these this was thought the last chance its sad.

Cheers
Jim
Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down