SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is anyone interested in automatic writing anymore?

+3
Wes
KatyKing
Left Behind
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is anyone interested in automatic writing anymore? Empty Is anyone interested in automatic writing anymore?

Post by Left Behind Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:03 pm

This seemed to be a very big topic in the 19th century, but less so today. Any thoughts as to if so, or why?

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Is anyone interested in automatic writing anymore? Empty Re: Is anyone interested in automatic writing anymore?

Post by KatyKing Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:13 pm

I've never come across anyone doing it Jim. As you say it was common in the early days and even before the 1840s. Joanna Southcott's (passed 1814) poetry 'from spirit' was written down at a tremendous rate whilst she was in a trance like condition possibly what we'd term overshadowed these days rather than a full trance but she could really knock out the words at a tremendous rate and all in rhyme. Joanna's automatic writing 'style' was completely different than her regular handwriting.
Then again how much do any of us hand write these days?
Almost everything I do tends to be written on computer, only thing I handwrite really are birthday and Christmas cards and the odd postcard sent from holidays. The rest, at work; maybe the odd note to self, but everything tends to be typed out and emailed.
There was someone not that long ago (forget her name) who wrote several books that were published. All apparently written through spirit inspiration whilst she was entranced. I wonder if those were handwritten, typed or dictated?
Someone on here will know who that for sure.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Is anyone interested in automatic writing anymore? Empty Re: Is anyone interested in automatic writing anymore?

Post by Left Behind Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:17 pm

Never thought of that, Peter: are we getting spirit word processing today in lieu of handwriting? Or has the whole phenomenon just gone the way of table tilting?

Actual handwriting would be more evidentiary, of course. At least, if the script style, speed, etc. differed from the medium's normal penmanship product.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:28 pm

I sat with a group last Sunday and one of the women there was keen on automatic writing. She showed me the book she used where she would write down questions and then write a response "from the other side"

It wasn't very convincing and the information about the spirit writer's earthly identity made no sense at all - how many female authors with Italian first names and Eastern European surnames were living in 17th century America writing books?
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:09 am

Yes, there can't be too many in THAT group! Laughing

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:14 am

I only know of two ladies, one of who is now in spirit, but used to write on a frequent basis. The other lady has been developing 'automatic handwriting' for around twelve months and shows great promise.

There's probably considerable truth in what KatyKing says (I'm of the same 'ilk' these days only writing personal cards), that said, I'm surprised someone hasn't sat and developed 'automatic typing' Wink ....
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:48 pm

_Leslie_ wrote:I only know of two ladies, one of who is now in spirit, but used to write on a frequent basis. The other lady has been developing 'automatic handwriting' for around twelve months and shows great promise.

There's probably considerable truth in what KatyKing says (I'm of the same 'ilk' these days only writing personal cards), that said, I'm surprised someone hasn't sat and developed 'automatic typing' Wink ....

One might ask why there would be any reason to develop automatic writing or typing? Kinda like re-inventing the wheel, perhaps?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:05 pm

mac wrote:
_Leslie_ wrote:I only know of two ladies, one of who is now in spirit, but used to write on a frequent basis. The other lady has been developing 'automatic handwriting' for around twelve months and shows great promise.

One might ask why there would be any reason to develop automatic writing or typing? Kinda like re-inventing the wheel, perhaps?
Because not everyone has the same gift / ability? And some may find this type of communication easier than perhaps another one?
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:11 pm

_Leslie_ wrote:
mac wrote:

Because not everyone has the same gift / ability? And some may find this type of communication easier than perhaps another one?

There you go! The essence of it all is the message: not the medium, or the medium's-medium. Why would it matter if spirit revealed its message vis materialization, clairvoyance, automatic writing, EVP, or whatever? Some spirits / some mediums would be more adept at utilizing different types.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:19 pm

Was that contact a Giovanni Goldberg by any chance or maybe Luigi Cohen ?
You never can tell. Sign in a deli window in Hendon [big Jewish community in N. London] we once saw....
Kosher Pizza buy one. Get one free.

What sort of topped pizza does the Dalai Lama order and how?

"Make me one with everything."
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:36 pm

Was that contact a Giovanni Goldberg by any chance or maybe Luigi Cohen ?
You never can tell. Sign in a deli window in Hendon [big Jewish community in N. London] we once saw....
Kosher Pizza buy one. Get one free.

What sort of topped pizza does the Dalai Lama order and how?

"Make me one with everything."
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:40 pm

Oooops. Kindle playing up again.
Does anyone remember who that lady medium was who wrote fiction whilst entranced? Back in the 70s I think. Books were published too.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:40 pm

But what would you expected to be communicated by such means? The message of our survival of corporeal death has been delivered over and over again. Possibly if there were something new, something not previously communicated which would help the world, something that could be authenticated, verified, tried, tested.....then OK. Automatic writing might do that.

But doesn't anyone see this as I do? If it's going to be the same, old same-old, what is the purpose either of the same message or the same way of delivering it.....? Aren't we just stuck in a time warp with all this old stuff?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:41 pm

KatyKing wrote:Oooops. Kindle playing up again.
Does anyone remember who that lady medium was who wrote fiction whilst entranced? Back in the 70s I think. Books were published too.

At least that had the advantage of making someone some money.....

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:29 pm

Well good luck if anyone can get a living by it. I looked on Google but only found someone called Jane Roberts a new ager and something called Seth Texts she claimed to have channeled via automatic writing. As one does! The lady I have in mind wrote fiction mainstream yarns that sold well but claimed to be via spirit. I fancy she was British.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:17 pm

mac wrote:But what would you expected to be communicated by such means? The message of our survival of corporeal death has been delivered over and over again. Possibly if there were something new, something not previously communicated which would help the world, something that could be authenticated, verified, tried, tested.....then OK. Automatic writing might do that.

But doesn't anyone see this as I do? If it's going to be the same, old same-old, what is the purpose either of the same message or the same way of delivering it.....? Aren't we just stuck in a time warp with all this old stuff?

But that's my point, Mac. WHY couldn't the revealed messages be just as comprehensive as the messages revealed by any other means, such as clairaudience?

To say that "we've already had a sufficient number of messages revealing the fact that life survives bodily death. . . or talking about daily life in the spirit world. . . so what's the point of MORE automatic writing messages?" You could just as readily say the same thing about materializations, or trance messages, or direct voice messages.

As an abstract issue, there's already a ton of evidence about survival.

But that may not be satisfying - intellectually or emotionally - to someone who wants messages from someone HE knows, who's now in spirit. And, that spirit person could speak to him through automatic writing, just as he could through any other form of mediumistic contact.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:23 pm

KatyKing wrote:Well good luck if anyone can get a living by it. I looked on Google but only found someone called Jane Roberts a new ager and something called Seth Texts she claimed to have channeled via automatic writing. As one does! The lady I have in mind wrote fiction mainstream yarns that sold well but claimed to be via spirit. I fancy she was British.

The latter doesn't strike a chord for me.

I've heard of the 'Seth Texts' but know nothing about 'em. I'm pretty dismissive (wot, folk haven't noticed!) about unsubstantiated 'teachings' though. Call me Mr Doubter. Wink

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:35 pm

Looked to be very much of its time. Hippy Dippy stuff from what bit I skimmed.
Never quite got a handle on that 'channeling'. You don't seem to hear much of it these days. Each to their own though.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:05 pm

KatyKing wrote:Looked to be very much of its time. Hippy Dippy stuff from what bit I skimmed.
Never quite got a handle on that 'channeling'. You don't seem to hear much of it these days. Each to their own though.

I have read quite a bit of it and it was interesting at first then I got fed up with it. It's either too difficult for me to understand or a load of old cobblers. My appetite wasn't sufficiently whetted to find out which. Very Happy

Last edited by obiwan on Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:22 pm

Doesn't interest me either. Who needs to listen to some alleged entity from a planet far away who tells us things like "we must learn to love one another". As if we don't already know that!

I'm interested in ascertaining that those of us from THIS planet go on after death. And where we go. And what we do when we get there. Very Happy

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:16 am

Left Behind wrote:

I'm interested in ascertaining that those of us from THIS planet go on after death. And where we go. And what we do when we get there. Very Happy

Jim
Quite!
I got the distinct impression that the author had never been on this planet either, or had left it some time ago.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:59 am

I tried automatic typing but my already bad typing deteriorated. Actually it scrubbed up into an interestingly difefrent talk. The talk I gave last year was also good when I let my guide right it onto paper then typed it up. 6 foolscap pages in 30 minutes and a very different use of language t mine.

I think freeing yourself to try this is a useful exercise especially if you are considering trying trance. At least there is some semblance of an idea whether your guide has wisdom to pass on.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:33 pm

Does your guide take commissions Jim?
There's this paper I have to get done ...
;-)
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:18 pm

KatyKing wrote:Does your guide take commissions Jim?
There's this paper I have to get done ...
;-)

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:20 pm

Admin wrote:I tried automatic typing but my already bad typing deteriorated. Actually it scrubbed up into an interestingly difefrent talk. The talk I gave last year was also good when I let my guide right it onto paper then typed it up. 6 foolscap pages in 30 minutes and a very different use of language t mine.

I think freeing yourself to try this is a useful exercise especially if you are considering trying trance. At least there is some semblance of an idea whether your guide has wisdom to pass on.

Jim

So automatic writing actually did work for you, Jim?

For me, at this point, it would be very exciting to exoerience anything like this! Very Happy

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next