SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meditations

4 posters

Go down

Meditations Empty Meditations

Post by holdfast59 Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:05 pm

What does everyone believe to be the best form of meditation to progress your development of mediumship?

Any thoughts on body position? Hand Positions? Guided or unguided? Biauranl beats? Theta waves?

Any other techniques Buddhist tibetan yogic ?

Just like to hear what people think?

holdfast59

Back to top Go down

Meditations Empty Re: Meditations

Post by Mark74 Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:01 pm

holdfast59 wrote:What does everyone believe to be the best form of meditation to progress your development of mediumship?

Any thoughts on body position? Hand Positions? Guided or unguided? Biauranl beats? Theta waves?

Any other techniques Buddhist tibetan yogic ?

Just like to hear what people think?

Sitting in the silence for me is the best practice. The point of development is to learn to be patient with your mediumship, in all aspects of mediumship it will be a continual process. Harry Edwards use to say, ''A slow development is generally best''

Best method of sitting is a chair with a straight back, (not a too comfortable chair, you don't want to be dozing off) with feet touching the floor and hands relaxed upon the lap.

I wouldn't worry about beats or mantras etc. If you go along with the above, you won't go wrong. I should mention when you sit in the silence mentally invite the spirit world to join you in your development, do this everytime, and, results should come.

If you are serious about your development, I recommend you buy ''A Guide for the Development of Mediumship'' by Hary Edwards. Also, ''Hints on Mediumistic Development'' by Ursula Roberts. Two excellent books on development.

Best of luck. Smile

Mark74

Back to top Go down

Post by holdfast59 Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:58 am

Thank you for the advice..I've read the guide for the development of mediumship. I just like contrast sometimes just to see if results vary. Thank you though

holdfast59

Back to top Go down

Post by WishingMel Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:02 pm

I also prefer silence but everybody is different - experiment and see what works best for you.

WishingMel

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:38 am

The tradition is sitting in silence but I have also run into many brilliant guided meditations run by instructors. I can now cope with a silent meditation but previously preferred guided meditations. I find most beginners in my group prefer these too.

I think it also relates to the change in society compared to those earlier days when there was less noise and life intrusions (like TV, Ipads, Iphones even more radio). I think just trying to sit is silence is a knack that needs re learning.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down