SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SNU Minister resigns in disgust

+5
Admin
KatyKing
Lis
Wes
Inspiration
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SNU Minister resigns in disgust - Page 2 Empty Re: SNU Minister resigns in disgust

Post by zerdini Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:39 am

KatyKing wrote:Good point z and it has been tougher in recent years for rank & file SNU membership in the churches and centres to be not just heard but listened to with changes following. Problem to some extent has been the absence of a tranparently equitable elections structure. Delegates are all very well but many go up with a mandate then two AGMs later they've morphed into mouthpieces for the status quo reporting dictats down the line rather than driving change o behalf of those that sent them. One member one vote is a better way with all votes counted by one of those charities that do the same job for the trades unions. Any member free to stand for any office with their manifestos sent to all voting members. That's the only way we'll get away from these self perpetuating cartels who seem to have taken over the SNU of late.

Another way is to hit them in the pocket - again it is up to the membership.

Churches can withhold their affiliation fees. Class B members can resign their membership.

As I've said before - "Shepherds may change but sheep remain sheep."

zerdini

Back to top Go down

SNU Minister resigns in disgust - Page 2 Empty Re: SNU Minister resigns in disgust

Post by hiorta Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:28 am

"" worse than traditional churches, even down to the Ministry and hymns.""

That reminded me of a staunch SNU church I once visited. The hymns dated from 1595 in the SNU approved book, the Princples were monotonously recited and the general air was of 'well it's Sunday'. Approximately threequarters of the seats were empty. All that was needed was some robes on the High Heid yins and hey presto the 17th Century was revisited.

I'd guess that the Greart Spirit and helpers had already legged it to the nearest hostelry in search of Life.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:21 pm

Just seen a comment on the PN website that says everything that needs to be said about SNU top brass.

"I am fully of the opinion that if an SNU committee was tasked with crossing an empty field they would tread in the only cowpat for miles."

Bang on!
Dan

Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:50 pm

jocolor Think he was referring to the local committee Dan. But if the cap fits...
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:28 pm

KatyKing wrote: jocolor Think he was referring to the local committee Dan. But if the cap fits...

He refers to the Appeals Committee, Katie.

Dan

Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:27 pm

OIC. Fair point.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2