SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Birthday, Modern Spiritualism!

3 posters

Go down

Happy Birthday, Modern Spiritualism! Empty Happy Birthday, Modern Spiritualism!

Post by Left Behind Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:57 pm

31 March 2012 marks the 164th anniversary of the beginnings of Modern Spiritualism.

On that date in 1848, the Fox sisters, Margaret and Kate, first begin to clap their hands in response to the strange and frightening sounds, attributed to spirits, that had been disturbing the family for several months. Their claps were answered by rappings in a pattern imitative of the girls' clapping, thus creating a method of communicating between the two worlds.

Also, I've heard that the planets are in exactly the same alignment on this 31 March as they were on that one.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday, Modern Spiritualism! Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Modern Spiritualism!

Post by KatyKing Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:16 pm

Just back from church. Medium hadn't a clue that it was Hydesville Day. Came with a spiel on the meaning of Easter. Cracking session though, we decided on discussion with messages interspersed. Most interesting and she came good with evidence once we'd steered her away from her scripted talk.
We get a varied menu of mediums, being independent we're not lumbered with a denominational approved list so we get the odd Christian Spiritualist as was this one tonight. Made for lively and good humoured discussion amazing what you learn. Turns out someone is an expert on Teutonic pantheon so we now know about godess Eostre. Fascinating stuff and the Xtian medium said what a nice change it had been for her too.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday, Modern Spiritualism! Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Modern Spiritualism!

Post by KatyKing Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:31 pm

There is the most wonderful portrait of all three Fox sisters in latest PN it's also on free view at PN website where comments are invited to the accompanying For and Against 'Is spiritualism failing' article. Lis from here writes the 'no it isn't' half of that. Well worth a look you don't need to be a subscriber to see it.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:47 pm

Hope we get raps tonight then Jim. Can't hurt having the planets the same. Amazing to think that only happens every 164 years.
Elaine next door was convinced she had the raps after we moved in. Had to disillusion her. It was me knocking pre bed pipe out on our fence.
I've sat for table turning when we got raps. Like small explosions insde table which was and is light bamboo with woven wicker top but raps sounded as if in a solid wooden table top, wouldn't answer questions though. Just random raps. . Given the right company it'll dance for fun but only had the raps that once so far. Will give it a spin at midnight with fingers crossed.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:19 pm

Well that was fun. Ten past twelve and gave it a good five minutes. Table has a Christmas rose cactus in a pot on it and some mgazines on undershelf so its heavier than when empty for table turning. Gave it a go two handed and got a definite wobble. Best part was this chair which is a heavy leather and wood Queen Anne job takes two to shift it. Was kneeling at table not in chair and got a series of light raps from chair. OK could have been chair settling down after I'd shifted my fat erse out of it a few minutes earlier but it hasn't done that before. Nor now when I've stood up to send this. Good enough for me but not out to convince anyone else. Nice end to Hydesville Day though.
Just need to dream next week's winning lottery numbers tonight and I'm a made man.
Spirit rocks!
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:29 pm

KatyKing wrote:There is the most wonderful portrait of all three Fox sisters in latest PN it's also on free view at PN website where comments are invited to the accompanying For and Against 'Is spiritualism failing' article. Lis from here writes the 'no it isn't' half of that. Well worth a look you don't need to be a subscriber to see it.

I'm hoping my airmailed copy of PN (TW, too) will be arriving this week.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:31 pm

KatyKing wrote:Well that was fun. Ten past twelve and gave it a good five minutes. Table has a Christmas rose cactus in a pot on it and some mgazines on undershelf so its heavier than when empty for table turning. Gave it a go two handed and got a definite wobble. Best part was this chair which is a heavy leather and wood Queen Anne job takes two to shift it. Was kneeling at table not in chair and got a series of light raps from chair. OK could have been chair settling down after I'd shifted my fat erse out of it a few minutes earlier but it hasn't done that before. Nor now when I've stood up to send this. Good enough for me but not out to convince anyone else. Nice end to Hydesville Day though.
Just need to dream next week's winning lottery numbers tonight and I'm a made man.
Spirit rocks!

I'll bet it was Charley Rosa, commemorating the Hydesville days, for old times sake! Very Happy

Last edited by Left Behind on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:35 pm

He'l do for me Jim.
All quiet tonight.
We just watched new American import TV show 'Once Upon A Time' fairy tale characters stranded in modern day Maine village. Fabulous special effects.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by truthwillout Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:57 pm

Happy Hydesville!

truthwillout

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:12 pm

Welcome to the forum truthwillout.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down