SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

god as open source

+2
KatyKing
skfarblum
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

god as open source - Page 3 Empty Re: god as open source

Post by Quiet Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:56 am

I think Spiritualism became a religion to help it gain legitimacy and also the legal status that allows certain protections and advantages, Jim. I don't think that Spiritualism has ever been a threat to other religions because institutionally they are so powerful.

And although we are all one happy, loving, tolerant family in aspiration it doesn't really always happen on the ground except in some communities Smile I know you can think of a few fairly local disasters, as I can.

The reality is that Spiritualism has done SO much good but we will never know exactly how much. It has helped many in so many ways, and that is all that counts. The work that you do in your centre and the work that mediums and volunteers do all over the place has immeasurable value.

It helps people. That is all that really matters cheers

Quiet

Back to top Go down

god as open source - Page 3 Empty Re: god as open source

Post by KatyKing Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:25 pm

It's like a bit of yeast in a lump of dough is Spiritualism amongst relgions. Loads of 'us' scattered about like litttle catalysts and the majority of those out there beavering away quietly for and through Spirit don't even think of themselves as Spiritualists. But they jolly well are.
That wise old sage David Hopkins writes in latest PN p. 22...... 'Spiritualism has a three pronged thrust....science asking the questions... philosophy answering the questions and religion as interpreting and converting those answers to provide a meaningful and purposeful way of life'.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3