SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychic World Newspaper

5 posters

Go down

Psychic World Newspaper Empty Psychic World Newspaper

Post by KatyKing Mon May 07, 2012 12:08 pm

I only ever buy a copy of the 80p monthly newspaper Psychic World from church. Have never subcribed to or advertised in it and wondered how others might have found it both for content and potential effectiveness of it as an advertising platform.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Psychic World Newspaper Empty Re: Psychic World Newspaper

Post by Admin Tue May 08, 2012 12:02 am

Given some of the writers thay have had like Rev Ray Jones, Rev John Otey and Victor Zammit I steer clear and would not contemplate its purchase. Sad really because a good friend Rev Marilyn Awtry writes for it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Tue May 08, 2012 12:06 am

Admin wrote:Given some of the writers thay have had like Rev Ray Jones, Rev John Otey and Victor Zammit I steer clear and would not contemplate its purchase. Sad really because a good friend Rev Marilyn Awtry writes for it.

Does VZ still refer to himself as an "afterlife investigator"? If so, he can't be a very good one, because he isn't dead yet!

Twisted Evil
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Tue May 08, 2012 12:32 pm

Thanks Jim.
PW isn't especially enlightening as a rule but for 80p if it's there then I buy it. This latest issue is mainly 'reviews' of self published books penned by its own contributors. Thinly disguised advertising.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Tue May 08, 2012 10:58 pm

I've never read it.

Is this the one that will send you a free copy if you ask? That one has a cute dog in their ad. Very Happy

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Tue May 08, 2012 11:20 pm

Not sure if its that dog ad Jim.
Two full pages of US news in latest issue but the rest of it is nowhere near as good as PN or TW. Not one I buy every month only if I happen see it there on the table. Church only orders a few each month as the demand isn't high. Even when PN was missing folk didn't ask for it.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Tue May 08, 2012 11:28 pm

I think that ad appears in TW. I'll look it up. It's a cute ad: the dog appears to be reading the magazine.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 08, 2012 11:29 pm

Sorry Jim I can stand very few adverts. Apart from being an accountant and business manager I am a fully qualified marketer so I know what we are trying to do in an ad ...get your money.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Tue May 08, 2012 11:30 pm

KatyKing wrote:Not sure if its that dog ad Jim.
Two full pages of US news in latest issue

Maybe I should read it, then. Whatever is happening in the US Spiritualist world, I never seem to hear about it.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Tue May 08, 2012 11:31 pm

Admin wrote:Sorry Jim I can stand very few adverts. Apart from being an accountant and business manager I am a fully qualified marketer so I know what we are trying to do in an ad ...get your money.

Jim

Yes, but dogs in ads are still cute! Very Happy

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 08, 2012 11:35 pm

Marilyn Awtry is fine as a writer Jim and a good friend. John Otey is now in the pastoral Team of Rev Anne Gehmans church so may be a lot better. Doubt you will find much about the US scene it has a very small geographic range nowhevisit the NSAC web site and look at the relatively tiny list of churches left from an organisation which in the 20's had about 1 mill members.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Tue May 08, 2012 11:42 pm

All very sad. . . Crying or Very sad

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Tramer Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:27 am

I picked up a copy of Psychic World sometime last year at one of the churches I attend, and was really impressed. It had an interview with the boy who lived in the Amityville Horror house, which was really fascinating. It also had an article by Philip Solomon, who I have seen many times.
I used to read TW but it seems to be just be reprints from books now. And I have not enjoyed the re-launched PN as much as I preferred it as a weekly, so it was nice to find something new and exciting to read.
Ben Tramer
Ben Tramer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down