SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leslie Flint - who drew Mickey's portrait ?

4 posters

Go down

Leslie Flint - who drew Mickey's portrait ?  Empty Leslie Flint - who drew Mickey's portrait ?

Post by Slatewriter Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:05 am

I was listening to a Leslie Flint seance recording today, dated September 1974.
Part way through, Flint's Spirit helper Mickey speaks directly to a sitter present in the room - to thank him for drawing his picture.
The sitter's is identified as Joe and I'm inclined to think this reference to the drawing, relates to the pencil drawing of Mickey that we see online.
Does anyone here know any more about the portrait - or about Joe or even his surname ?
Thanks in advance

Slatewriter

Back to top Go down

Leslie Flint - who drew Mickey's portrait ?  Empty Re: Leslie Flint - who drew Mickey's portrait ?

Post by wattie Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:42 am

I asked the Leslie Flint Educational Trust about the portrait and it is their understanding that it was drawn by Coral Polge. The framed picture now resides in their archive. It would seem perhaps that a different picture was being referred to in the recording you listened to.

wattie

Back to top Go down

Leslie Flint - who drew Mickey's portrait ?  Empty Re: Leslie Flint - who drew Mickey's portrait ?

Post by wattie Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:00 pm

Leslie Flint - who drew Mickey's portrait ?  Mickey11

Upon further examination it transpires that the portrait of Mickey was drawn by Cedric Bagnall and not by Coral Polge as previously thought. Apparently Cedric Bagnall was also a graphic artist known for his work on the Eagle comic in the 1950s. The portrait is copyright of the Leslie Flint Trust but may be reproduced as long as the Trust is mentioned.

wattie

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:29 am

Do you have any other information about Cedric Bagnall, someone I haven't heard of?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by wattie Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:15 pm

In 2012 Psychic News published some psychic portraits by an unknown artist signed 'Cedric' and 'Maurice' and asked readers for information. In issue 4086 September 2012 a reader replied " 'Cedric' was none other than Cedric Bagnall who was an established artist and illustrator in the early 1950s for 'Eagle' and 'Victor' comics. Leslie Flint's control, Micky, used to refer to him as 'Bag o' Nails'. He said he had a big head. 'Maurice' was the spirit control of Cedric Bagnall. He was French, and I believe may have had the surname of 'de la Tour'."
A second reader contacted Psychic News sending further portraits which has belonged to Seaford medium Ivy Gibbs which were later presented to Eastbourne Spiritualist Church and were reproduced in the magazine.
He appears in the 1911 census as living in Lancashire and having been born in 1902.

wattie

Back to top Go down

Post by wattie Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:30 pm

Here are three of the Eastbourne portraits as well as I can reproduce them:

Leslie Flint - who drew Mickey's portrait ?  Bagnal13
Leslie Flint - who drew Mickey's portrait ?  Bagnal15
Leslie Flint - who drew Mickey's portrait ?  Bagnal14

wattie

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:12 pm

wattie wrote:In 2012 Psychic News published some psychic portraits by an unknown artist signed 'Cedric' and 'Maurice' and asked readers for information. In issue 4086 September 2012 a reader replied " 'Cedric' was none other than Cedric Bagnall who was an established artist and illustrator in the early 1950s for 'Eagle' and 'Victor' comics. Leslie Flint's control, Micky, used to refer to him as 'Bag o' Nails'. He said he had a big head. 'Maurice' was the spirit control of Cedric Bagnall. He was French, and I believe may have had the surname of 'de la Tour'."
A second reader contacted Psychic News sending further portraits which has belonged to Seaford medium Ivy Gibbs which were later presented to Eastbourne Spiritualist Church and were reproduced in the magazine.
He appears in the 1911 census as living in Lancashire and having been born in 1902.

thank you Smile

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:00 pm

Thanks Wattie fabulous material.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down