SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a State of Everlasting Bliss?

+3
Rishov44
Left Behind
AiR_Ravimelwani
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is there a State of Everlasting Bliss? Empty Is there a State of Everlasting Bliss?

Post by AiR_Ravimelwani Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:27 am

When the spiritually realized ones talk of renunciation and discrimination, and living with virtues; when they talk of overcoming this world and going deep within the realized true self, what are they trying to communicate? They are sharing an experience that they have encountered; an experience that eliminates worries and problems in their life; an experience that makes them realize the truth of who they are; an experience that makes them feel the power that is Omnipresent, Omnipotent and Omniscient.

Most of us are not able to experience such a state of everlasting bliss because we are controlled by our body and mind. Our body-mind complex that is steered by our ego makes us go round and round in circles. It makes us go up a peak of happiness and down a valley of pain, and this goes on day after day. We enjoy the pleasures of life, face the trials and tribulations until eventually one day this so designed body grows, decays, often gets diseased and dies, after which, we are born again.  This drama continues again and again; but if these realized ones who tell us to stop, to introspect, to think, to go within, to realize who we are, to realize God and to truly experience the bliss that comes with this realization - is it that they are lying to us? Is it that there is no state of everlasting bliss? Is this a myth? Is this a trick? Why would they trick us? Why would they bluff us? Why would they lead us to a path that doesn’t exist? If they are taking us on a path that they have been on, should we try that path or should we live and die in a cycle of pleasure and pain just because we don’t believe their experience of everlasting bliss!

AiR

AiR_Ravimelwani

Back to top Go down

Is there a State of Everlasting Bliss? Empty Re: Is there a State of Everlasting Bliss?

Post by Left Behind Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:40 pm

There seems to be such a state, for some.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Is there a State of Everlasting Bliss? Empty Re: Is there a State of Everlasting Bliss?

Post by Rishov44 Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:46 pm

May be, not sure.

Rishov44

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:22 pm

I suspect that there is. But I doubt that I'll make it there in the next million years, so am not going to concern myself too much about it right now.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishov44 Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:22 am

Left Behind wrote:I suspect that there is. But I doubt that I'll make it there in the next million years, so am not going to concern myself too much about it right now.

Wise decision.

Rishov44

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:09 am

Rishov44 wrote:
Left Behind wrote:I suspect that there is. But I doubt that I'll make it there in the next million years, so am not going to concern myself too much about it right now.

Wise decision.

I'm more concerned about the state I'll be entering in the next 20 years. Which I expect to be one much happier than this present one I'm in: but not one of everlasting bliss. I'll be happy with 'happier'! Very Happy

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:02 am

AiR_Ravimelwani wrote:
Most of us are not able to experience such a state of everlasting bliss because we are controlled by our body and mind. Our body-mind complex that is steered by our ego makes us go round and round in circles. It makes us go up a peak of happiness and down a valley of pain, and this goes on day after day. We enjoy the pleasures of life, face the trials and tribulations until eventually one day this so designed body grows, decays, often gets diseased and dies, after which, we are born again.  This drama continues again and again; 

It does?
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:02 pm

hiorta wrote:
AiR_Ravimelwani wrote:
Most of us are not able to experience such a state of everlasting bliss because we are controlled by our body and mind. Our body-mind complex that is steered by our ego makes us go round and round in circles. It makes us go up a peak of happiness and down a valley of pain, and this goes on day after day. We enjoy the pleasures of life, face the trials and tribulations until eventually one day this so designed body grows, decays, often gets diseased and dies, after which, we are born again.  This drama continues again and again; 

It does?

I don't think that it does.

"Born again" to a fundamentalist Christian means accepting Jesus Christ as his personal Savior. To a reincarnationist, it means that his spirit enters another recently-conceived body, human or otherwise, and goes through the biological cycle again. And again and again.

To me, it means discarding the physical body that we once inhabited, and being born to a new life in the spirit world.

Last edited by Left Behind on Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:27 am

Air had his own thoughts...I never agreed with him, execpt on some minor points, but this section of the forum allowed him some free expression. Hmm "Äir Play" maybe.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:15 am

AiR has disappeared from these forum boards and has from the other where I'm a regular. His ideas, his lack of engagement with contributors after posting, generated as much annoyance there as it has here.

It would probably have been frustrating, though, if he had supported and defended his often-bizarre thoughts. Overall I'm glad he's gone.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:40 am

Yes Mac it would have been very frustrating especially early on when he kept posting in inappropriate places. I wonder who Air felt he was a re-incarnation of (or where he gathered his material it felt kind of recycled).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:36 am

I suspect, Jim, they were taught materials that he perhaps copied and pasted, perhaps with personalisation. Maybe he felt compelled to distribute the material or maybe it was expected of him?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:51 pm

His discussion points always seemed to be very vague: "Is life good?", or some such thing. It was hard for me to deduce what he actually wanted to talk about. He was either way too shallow, or way too deep, for me! Very Happy

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:09 pm

I remember only once that he responded, gave the appearance of wanting to engage.  

When folk don't use their own words I won't listen.  Just like the JMWs who occasionally forget who I am and come calling.  I welcome them in by asking how I might help them.  Then when they turn the subject around - as they ALWAYS do - to their own philosophy I insist they close their handbooks and speak to me without referring to them or quoting chapter-and-verse.  Their own words only.  Usually stops 'em dead.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:04 pm

I've known academic types like that, Mac. They were very intelligent, they could quote chapter and verse from some academic study. . . but if you asked them if ice was cold or if fire burned, they wouldn't know unless they'd read some dissertation on the subject. No common sense, no experience with life.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:26 pm

It takes all kinds to make a world....

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:50 pm

mac wrote:AiR has disappeared from these forum boards and has from the other where I'm a regular.  

Perhaps he's found his state of everlasting bliss? Shocked

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:12 am

Left Behind wrote:
mac wrote:AiR has disappeared from these forum boards and has from the other where I'm a regular.  

Perhaps he's found his state of everlasting bliss? Shocked

aww! bless! Very Happy Laughing

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:10 am

I certainly feel closer to bliss now he's gone away.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:37 am

obiwan wrote:I certainly feel closer to bliss now he's gone away.

you little monkey!! Razz Very Happy Wink

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:23 pm

mac wrote:
obiwan wrote:I certainly feel closer to bliss now he's gone away.

you little monkey!!  Razz Very Happy Wink
Lol how are you mac?

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:32 pm

I'm doin' just fine thanks, obi.... Smile yourself?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:39 pm

mac wrote:I'm doin' just fine thanks, obi....  Smile    yourself?
Glad to hear hear it Mac. I'm fine thanks mac. Though I do miss my regular chats with Zerdini Sad

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:06 pm

Yeah I miss George's comments. He was so knowledgeable about so much and if I had a question, he'd often give me an answer that got me thinking further. Those days are gone, times have changed, the online scene so very different from how it used to be. Sad I miss those times Sad

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:57 pm

mac wrote:Yeah I miss George's comments.  He was so knowledgeable about so much and if I had a question, he'd often give me an answer that got me thinking further.  Those days are gone, times have changed, the online scene so very different from how it used to be.  Sad   I miss those times  Sad

The positive thing is that I got to know George very well and he became a close friend over the years. I have learned a great deal from him and he was very generous to me with with his time, knowledge and books too.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum