SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swedish medium caught cheating

+13
obiwan
Jane Lyzell
tmmw
Dan
Claire
MrFree
Skye
Lis
mac
Wes
Admin
hiorta
zerdini
17 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Swedish medium caught cheating Empty Swedish medium caught cheating

Post by zerdini Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:21 pm

Anders Akesson, a Swedish 'physical medium', was caught cheating at a seance in Sweden.

Jane Lyzell, a former sitter in his circle, wrote about this on PM4U and incurred the wrath of the members including Kai Muegee for exposing this. So much so that Robin Foy sent the following message to all members one of whom sent it on to me:

A message to all members of Physical Mediumship 4U:

Hi Everybody,

I am sorry to say that not only did I delete Jane Lyzell's original discussion on this subject, but I am also about to delete her current one.

Personally, I do not condone cheating at all where physical mediumship and its phenomena are concerned. This lady sat in the medium's circle - she tells us - for 3 years. The medium concerned cheated. That is a fact. He confessed and apologised regarding his moments of madness, but I am assured that there has been some genuine phenomena in the course of his physical mediumship. I do not believe such potential mediumship should be lost for all time because of a stupid mistake on his part.

I cannot believe that this lady, who should have shown some loyalty to the circle, and compassion regarding his wretched situation, could not wait to spread the news of the cheating and THE ACTUAL NAME of the medium to anyone and everyone throughout the world!!

In this, I agree entirely with Kai Muegge. The case could have been presented without naming the medium concerned, as this can only damage the cause, and the whole perception of physical mediumship.

In this case, she has determinedly spread negativity with regard to all physical mediumship and phenomena. I will not allow such brazen negativity on my site!!

The medium concerned will obviously have great difficulty in restoring his mediumship, given the fact that he has lost all crdibility at the moment. However, has sat for several years to devlop what gifts he had, and it would be a shame to lose that work and experience totally. It is my belief that if he goes back to square one, and once more starts the development of his mediumship, he should be given another chance, but this when he has EARNED the right to be trusted again. SPIRIT themselves will not desert him. Nor should those of us who believe in fairness, and it is appropriate to quote: 'Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone'.

A general discussion on the site about fraudulence in physical mediumship is one thing. To actively whip up hatred and mistrust against a specific person in this way is totally wrong.

Regards, Robin

Anders Akesson was recently at Cober Hill where I am informed he demonstrated his mediumship alongside Stuart A. and allegedly stated that he is going to take over when the latter retires.

P.S. The last sentence is open to correction if anyone knows better.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Swedish medium caught cheating Empty Re: Swedish medium caught cheating

Post by hiorta Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:07 pm

It would seem that loyalty to Truth is subservient to ""'loyalty to the circle, and compassion regarding his wretched situation'"".

The "determinedly spread negativity with regard to all physical mediumship and phenomena"" is surely a consequence of blatant dishonesty in one circle and does not reflect in any way on any other.

This exposé makes it more likely for further such to happen again, should others be tempted in like fashion and miscalling the whistle blower is exactly what is 'negative'.

Last edited by hiorta on Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:13 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Additions)
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:26 pm

I am in total agreement with you hiorta.

Unfortunately we are in the minority. Sad

The spirit world must weep at such shortsightedness while the sceptics will have a field day. Rolling Eyes

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:03 pm

Aye, they certainly must be disappointed, especially over the great efforts for the long struggle to achieve their breakthrough to gain a toehold.
But, not disheartened.

It makes me wonder though, whether 'physical' Mediumship is really worth the candle - after all, it raises more questions than it answers. In itself it does not provide evidence of survival any more than does hypnotic regression.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:05 am

Hi Z and Hiorta,

I totally agree with you, on this basis they would never have agreed to even criticise Warren Caylor.

To refuse to discuss an reveal false Mediumship is an absolute disgrace.

Why would anyone ever sit in a Dark Circle with a man who is known to cheat is quite beyond me.

I agree with you Hiorta, when the Physical Mediumship Brethren want to cover up cheating there is no point to attending any until we get light in the circles and inra red/thermographic cameras.

The owners of PM4U should read the 1865 report on Dark Seances to the annual convention of the then association of Spiritualists and the critical works, rejecting dark seances,  of past greats Emma Hardinge Britten and DD Home. See also this very important thread https://www.spiritualismlink.com/t2043-light-magazine-and-psycholgical-review-against-dark-seances

I remember at the height of the fuss about David Thompson and Warren Caylor on here one forum member left this site because he was warned by the inner circle of physical mediums that their involvement in anything criticising Physical mediums would see their exclusion from the fold.

We are now told that you are quite welcome to cheat and remain a part of the movement because "sometimes" real phenomena was produced. How in the Dark do we know it is real?

Last edited by Admin on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:55 am

It is a strange form of spiritualism that makes the truth into a lie and a lie into the truth..
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:58 am

Yes its always a real concern when mediums need protecting, in what way can those seeking contact with loved ones be at all confident in the truth of what they hear.

Its a slippery slope that can only lead to further condemnation of Mediums by sceptics
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:54 pm

Wes wrote:It is a strange form of spiritualism that makes the truth into a lie and a lie into the truth..

it ain't any form of Spiritualism, Wes. And Robin Foy ain't a Spiritualist - he told me that personally.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:11 am

Hiorta wrote:

It makes me wonder though, whether 'physical' Mediumship is really worth the candle - after all, it raises more questions than it answers. In itself it does not provide evidence of survival any more than does hypnotic regression.

While I agree that hypnotic regression does not provide evidence of survival the same caanot be said of physical mediumship by which I mean Materialisation and Direct Voice.

I have given many examples on this forum which can be read on the physical mediumship thread. The materialisation seances were in red or green light. Direct Voice seances are usually in the dark simply because there is nothing to be seen. It's the quality and accuracy of the evidence which counts. I refer in particular to mediums like John Sloan, Leslie Flint, Estelle Roberts, Hunter Selkirk etc.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:18 am

mac wrote:
Wes wrote:It is a strange form of spiritualism that makes the truth into a lie and a lie into the truth..

it ain't any form of Spiritualism, Wes. And Robin Foy ain't a Spiritualist - he told me that personally.

When it suited him to be called a Spiritualist, Foy did so. For example, he was proud of once being Secretary of a South London Spiritualist church.

He changed when he was courting favour with SPR investigators regarding the ill-fated Scole experiment. Then he told Montague Keen that he was a psychic researcher conveniently forgetting all the times he publicly proclaimed himself as a Spiritualist.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:49 am

zerdini wrote:
mac wrote:

When it suited him to be called a Spiritualist, Foy did so. For example, he was proud of once being Secretary of a South London Spiritualist church.

He changed when he was courting favour with SPR investigators regarding the ill-fated Scole experiment. Then he told Montague Keen that he was a psychic researcher conveniently forgetting all the times he publicly proclaimed himself as a Spiritualist.

What a muddled character. Someone I once had faith in.... Embarassed

Little wonder if I were to become cynical. Crying or Very sad

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:31 am

Now Kai Muegee defends the indefensible:

Dear Jane!

Its me Kai from the FEG!

Believe me, I was angry when I heard what what a swedish medium did!
That poisons the atmosphere for all other and genuine working mediums like me.

But despite my anger and the awaited negative effect on my future sitters, that may loose their trust, this will influence the quality of the trance and this will influence the phenomena at last (you see: me and every other medium is affected by such messages!), my morals would forbid me to let fall a man completely, that has worked for spirit for 15 years and took on his shoulders danger and burden for the uplifting of others.

I hope I never come in a situation, like this swedish guy - my mediumship is fresh and needs no fraudulent support, but we know from history, that mediums after many years, after their power has waned, substitute phenomena, that doesn t come through anymore with fraudulent means.
I admit - for all observers that is a catastrophe, no question.

But on the other hand side I am given from reliable source infoprmation, that makes me sure THAT THIS GUYS MEDIUMSHIP WAS GENUINE!

When we let these people fall after they have failed, we for example would have never been given the documantation of gigantic Mediumships like that of Eusapia Paladino for example. Because she cheated also, when she felt under pressure - but if they would have let her fall, history would have never been fed with the fascinating mediumship of her!

I know, its socially complicated, but the people who are concerned are traumatized enough! The swedisch medium has to re-establish his mediumship now and he has broken the trust of many.

This is all complicated enough!

But I consider it naughty to use the name of one who was sharing his gifts for so mnany years and to use his full name here to discredit him once and for all!

In Germany we say: to kick someone who is laying on the ground already!

That cannot be correlated with my moral and ethics, even though this swedish guy did something naughty too!

I do not know why, but that could be the reason why your post was deleted!
Never do discredit others, even though you are disappointed by them!
Its bad enough for their Karma, but do you need to asperse your karma too?

thats my opinion and I know it is a dangerous game to comment on that,
but my mediumship is genuine and that allows me to comment that!

I am in the early years of development and the power of my mediumship is in full bloom!
But what is with the years!? By all we know it will wane and we have to accept that!
Its not right what this swedish Medium did, but never kick a guy that is already lying on the ground!
That is not right also!

Kai/FEG

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:15 pm

Yup, just say nothing, like the three monkeys.

They must realise that when they take such a line it raises questions about any physical medium because only the true believers may attend and any who question must be excluded. When you only allow those who will not openly discuss or question you leave it wide open to the unscrupulous as well as the genuine.

They really need to look back on the courage of past mediums who allowed sceptical people in to research their work. Funny it is those who survived this journey who are the ones we acknowledge today as the genuine great past mediums.

Just think nowadays many of the physical mediums all have forms filled in with a reasonable amount of detail on their sitters. Many had no idea who was sitting with them it was one of the controls used. They faced the same risks then that our current people do now.
Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:21 pm

I wonder what language in the original post was so inflammatory, did it just express disappointment or undiluted outrage, was it diplomatic or tactless?

I also wonder if the person who wrote it is allowed the right of reply in the forum, if not then natural justice has gone on holiday there.
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:25 am

Wes wrote:I wonder what language in the original post was so inflammatory, did it just express disappointment or undiluted outrage, was it diplomatic or tactless?

I also wonder if the person who wrote it is allowed the right of reply in the forum, if not then natural justice has gone on holiday there.

Disappointment and outrage in someone who was trusted.

The medium admitted he had acted fraudulently.

No right of reply is allowed by Robin Foy. He simply removed all posts for and against and the medium and his wife are still members of PM4U!

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:39 pm

zerdini wrote:
While I agree that hypnotic regression does not provide evidence of survival the same caanot be said of physical mediumship by which I mean Materialisation and Direct Voice.

I have given many examples on this forum which can be read on the physical mediumship thread. The materialisation seances were in red or green light. Direct Voice seances are usually in the dark simply because there is nothing to be seen. It's the quality and accuracy of the evidence which counts. I refer in particular to mediums like John Sloan, Leslie Flint, Estelle Roberts, Hunter Selkirk etc.

They most certainly would give evidence of outstanding authority, but for whatever reason are now just an echo of Physical Mediumship's past, offering nothing to todays' enquirers.

SB mentioned something along the lines of 'Western minds had reached a point in development where such visual evidence was no longer needed - mental Medimship being sufficient'
Todays world with its microwave soup and human chemical intake - voluntary or not - may also contribute to the change, which may have occured anyway.

There are whispers of 'physical' Mediums working in secret and producing great things, but wasn't Mediumship intended for a wider World? Those whose need is firmly in today's material view of Life can derive little in the way of comfort or guidance from such as it stands and in light of persistent fraud allegations, PM seems to have had its day.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:30 pm

Hiorta wrote:

There are whispers of 'physical' Mediums working in secret and producing great things, but wasn't Mediumship intended for a wider World?

If there are whispers they are very very quiet! Suspect

Mediumship may be for a wider world but not necessarily 'physical mediumship' as W.T.Stead pointed out.

PM has always been rare and usually confined to home circles whereas mental mediumship is the exact opposite.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:43 pm

Sadly Z a very true comment and most of that phenomena can be done by telekineses or plain getting out of the ties and waving trumptets around as, if I remember rightly, people said they saw with Caylor.

What exactly was this Swedish Medium's fraud, one presumes it has to start with him able to move about the room

Last edited by Admin on Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:06 pm

Jim asked:

"What exactly was this Swedish Medium's fraud, one presumes it has to start with him able to move about the room."

From what I have read, this person developed a way to remove himself from the cable ties thus allowing him to move unhindered around the room. We have seen in the past that much has been said and written about how it is possible to get out of such restraints and how, in complete darkness, a person who has determined to cheat, is able to do so with impunity. After all, no one in the room can see anything, so they are quite unable to objectively assess the validity of what is purported to be occurring in the room - especially if that includes the apparent hand-shaking of sitters, which seems to be such a favourite of so called physical mediums today.

The question arises, which continually arises in these situations. Can one, should one, give any credance to a medium who has been caught cheating on one occasion?

Can we trust a medium who has cheated, and in this case has admitted doing so - however, only after they became aware that their confession had been recorded - to also be genuine on other occasions?

Should we dismiss a medium who has cheated, even though it appears they have also been capable of genuine physical phenomena? We are reminded of Eusapia Palladino who was notorious for cheating, but who was also believed by many 'experts' to be capable of genuine phenomena.

This is a complex area I think. On one level, I am inclined to say, 'once a cheat, always a cheat' but in reality such an attitude is too simplistic. A medium may produce genuine phenomena but be, by nature, personality, or lack of moral fibre, willing to cheat, to enhance their apparent abilities, or to put on a good show, or to cover the times when their energies, or that of the sitters, are not conducive to genuine productions.

The difficulty is, of course, in establishing, who, of the different so-called physical mediums about today, might have cheated on occasion, or be cheating some of the time, or even all of the time. And, it is also possible that such 'mediums' do cheat 'unconsciously' as well.

How can we give credance to physical mediumship, especially that which seems so prevalent today, given it falls so far short of earlier physical mediumship where genuine materialisation, direct voice and so on were produced.

It is all done in the dark, and a lot of hog-wash is claimed about the dangers to life and limb of the medium, despite the fact that many of the early genuine physical mediums had no difficulty coping with the introduction of soft light so that people could see what was happening in the seance room.

There is equipment available today that could be used in the seance room, absolutely guarranteed to be safe to the medium. Yet these 'dark circle' mediums refuse time and time again to put their mediumship to the test.

Do they really believe their own hype or is it just that they do not dare to put their mediumship under real scrutiny?

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:55 pm

Hi All,

Very good post Lis, I will look at this agani because anything like this reduces the credibility of all Mediumship to the broader public even if the Physical medium Afficianado's deny this

However, I realise that in all of this I noticed the following ps from Robin Foy, on the original post, which has been overlooked.

Anders Akesson was recently at Cober Hill where I am informed he demonstrated his mediumship alongside Stuart A. and allegedly stated that he is going to take over when the latter retires.

Now I can't understand what this means, was this a joint seance or an overstatement by Anders about what actually occured. I cannot believe that, when the sitting happened, Stewart Alexander would have been aware of the admissions of cheating by this gentleman. Is an ackowledged cheat, who's veracity we have to rely upon from his own statement and those of the true believers (who can forgive apparently anything in a dark circle) really to take over when Stewart A retires. It can only be a matter of months before they rehabilitate Warren Caylor on this basis.

Jim

Last edited by Admin on Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:03 am

Of course its an open goal for the jref forum
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?p=6577683.

Of Course they quote Robin Foy's Post about it on PM4U which was an absolute own goal
A message to all members of Physical Mediumship 4U:

Hi Everybody,

I am sorry to say that not only did I delete Jane Lyzell's original discussion on this subject, but I am also about to delete her current one.

Personally, I do not condone cheating at all where physical mediumship and its phenomena are concerned. This lady sat in the medium's circle - she tells us - for 3 years. The medium concerned cheated. That is a fact. He confessed and apologised regarding his moments of madness, but I am assured that there has been some genuine phenomena in the course of his physical mediumship. I do not believe such potential mediumship should be lost for all time because of a stupid mistake on his part.

I cannot believe that this lady, who should have shown some loyalty to the circle, and compassion regarding his wretched situation, could not wait to spread the news of the cheating and THE ACTUAL NAME of the medium to anyone and everyone throughout the world!!

In this, I agree entirely with Kai Muegge. The case could have been presented without naming the medium concerned, as this can only damage the cause, and the whole perception of physical mediumship.

In this case, she has determinedly spread negativity with regard to all physical mediumship and phenomena. I will not allow such brazen negativity on my site!!

The medium concerned will obviously have great difficulty in restoring his mediumship, given the fact that he has lost all crdibility at the moment. However, has sat for several years to devlop what gifts he had, and it would be a shame to lose that work and experience totally. It is my belief that if he goes back to square one, and once more starts the development of his mediumship, he should be given another chance, but this when he has EARNED the right to be trusted again. SPIRIT themselves will not desert him. Nor should those of us who believe in fairness, and it is appropriate to quote: 'Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone'.

A general discussion on the site about fraudulence in physical mediumship is one thing. To actively whip up hatred and mistrust against a specific person in this way is totally wrong.

Regards, Robin

It is also inportant to realise how closely Jane Lyzell  worked with Anders, from http://www.ramsbergsgarden.se/program-events.html one of their joint courses.
September 23-26, Thursday 18.00 - Sunday 15.00
TRANCE & PHYSICAL MEDIUMSHIP
targeting physical phenomena, independent of direct voices and materialisation.
Tutor: Jane Lyzell & Anders Åkesson. Assisting tutors: Lisbeth Åkesson och Joel Strandberg.
Courseprice: member 3870skr, non member 4300skr
Studies in trance and physical mediumship and how to build these unique medium forms in circles. Contains a physical seance with Anders Åkesson as a medium and a trance-seance with Jane Lyzell as a medium. Attention! Because someone participate on the course does not mean someone automatically get involved in the séances. The Circle leader determines who may participate. Within these forms of mediumship there are very few medium and circles which have reach quite good results. The history tells us about many incidents in which the mediums have been hurted due to careless units and where participants were currently not able to behave properly in a physical seanceroom. The medium is putting their lives at risk because of these risks and we want to specifically point out that we put medium's safety before anything else. If we believe that one or more of the students are not ready for a physical seance, or indeed a trance-demonstration, so it might mean that they must not participate in the seance. We point this out even before any notification, so that as few misunderstandings will occur. Note that this is not a course for beginners!

We are not talking about a person who has few skills making this comment.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:51 am

Of course Stewart would have known this young man, at least since 2007, so i would believe he had developed trust in his work. If you go here you will find a good write up about Stewart and also some pictures of Anders himself. http://www.hildeagabrun.no/inspirasjon/portrettet/stewartportrait07.html (NB 2014 all mention of Anders has now gone)

I am sure we will hear more about this sad story.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:16 am

Sadly Z a very true comment and most of that phenomena can be done by telekineses or plain getting out of the ties and waving trumptets around as, if I remember rightly, people said they saw with Caylor.

Robin Foy welcomes all whose mediumship has been challenged e.g Warren Caylor who is also a member of PM4U. He recently posted the following regarding orbs:

"Reply by Warren caylor on September 19, 2010 at 1:03pm

Hi there, I have been doing som ereading and looking at this site. I dont ofen come here as time is limited, Orbs are simply the energy signature of spirit having been present when a spirit person or group have tried to manipulte the air and space around them, during the attempt to interact with our physical existence on the earth vibration. At least thats what I have been told by the likes of Arthur C doyle and based on the research I have under taken.

I hope this is of some use"

and

Reply by Warren caylor on October 15, 2010 at 5:15pm

"Hi every one, as you know I spend very little time on forums, as my experience of them has not been the most pleasant. How ever I would like to thank every body on this forum for thier support and words of encouragment."

That says it all!

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:18 am

That says it all Z - exactly.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:25 am

Are there documented cases where mediums have been harmed from exposure to light during PM sessions?

Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next