SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sally Morgan

+10
Inspiration
mac
publiceye
hiorta
Azur
Wes
Quiet
Admin
obiwan
zerdini
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sally Morgan - Page 2 Empty Re: Sally Morgan

Post by Wes Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:25 am

It's a good point that Paul Zenon makes about facebook friending a medium, as they can find out more about some people from their home page than a private detective ever could. Who needs cold reading and looking at body language when you've got someone's whole life story in words and pictures on facebook to build a fake reading from?
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:16 am

Brilliant point Wes its why filling in a form before a seance can be so effective for the Medium if they so wish it to be, especially if they are at all internet savvy.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:26 am

An interesting interview with Sally Morgan aka Michelle West:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/sally-morgan-i-am-not-mad-i-am-not-unhingedi-talk-to-dead-people-942336.html

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by publiceye Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:03 am

On reading this post about Sally Morgan on this Spiritualist web site, I am left speachless. This story has been carried by one person who only gave the first name, the other callers only said they hear voices from the box. I have reserched this story in great lenghts, (calls to the radio station and the thearter involved). I have also worked on stage many times using a mic with an ear phone. This is just another all to well know hate campain. Why do Spiritualist poeple feel the need to put succesful mediums down. This is a sad fact. I do not know this lady personaly, but I did reserch the facts for my newspaper and this story is all based on one lady who did not give her full name. If this is what our religion is based on it is no wonder that so many people outside of it think it is a joke. How many other religions can have their belife broadcast on national televison. I think before we judge people we should find out the facts. I have seen this all to often and been on the reciving end of hate campains. But I am still hear and making a living form my work, I do not need to put others down to do this. I love my job, I get to travel the world, I get to meet so many wonderful and real spiritual people, I have just signed a contract with a TV company in the US and belivie it or not I have had training from many spiritualist groups, but the best training that I have ever had is from the spirit world its self, where they come through and give me information, followed be some evedence that I don't know at the time, so I can reserch It, to prove that my info came from Spirit.

publiceye

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:10 pm

This New Statesman article is very good and in reality shows what any person who is claimed to be a fraud should do to justify their reputation. If they do have the abilities they state then there should be no concern about undertaking the tests suggested .
http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/david-allen-green/2011/12/sally-morgan-daily-mail-libel

Sadly it appears that no one in our field is happy to be tested or researched hence the split between Paranormal Research and the SPR with any of the psychics/mediums or their representative bodies.

In the meantime let us see what happens in Sally's action against the Daily Mail.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:01 am

Helen Duncan offered to do it in Court! Smile

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:03 am

Yes and on the basis of the Court Of Appeal's ruling they might have let her now. Hmm thats a thought for DT and Mr Zammit, the latter always wanted his day in court to prove his case.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:31 am

Admin wrote:Yes and on the basis of the Court Of Appeal's ruling they might have let her now. Hmm thats a thought for DT and Mr Zammit, the latter always wanted his day in court to prove his case.
To be honest I find repugnant the idea that she was refused permission to demonstrate in some form at least, the thing she was accused of not being able to do. That would have been a perfect defence, and she was denied it. A great shame.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:06 am

I totally agree with you. By the way Obi there is a book about the court case which is available. I may find a way to get it up on the web so that you could down load it.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:03 am

Admin wrote:I totally agree with you. By the way Obi there is a book about the court case which is available. I may find a way to get it up on the web so that you could down load it.

Jim
Thanks Jim - I think I have it.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:00 am

The transcript of the trial of Helen Duncan can be read here:

http://www.archive.org/stream/trialofmrsduncan00duncuoft/trialofmrsduncan00duncuoft_djvu.txt

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:57 am

obiwan wrote:
Admin wrote:Yes and on the basis of the Court Of Appeal's ruling they might have let her now. Hmm thats a thought for DT and Mr Zammit, the latter always wanted his day in court to prove his case.
To be honest I find repugnant the idea that she was refused permission to demonstrate in some form at least, the thing she was accused of not being able to do. That would have been a perfect defence, and she was denied it. A great shame.

None so blind as those who wish not to see.......

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:16 am

Oh well so Sally is taking on teh libel case.

Actually the Daily Telegraph is quite sensible on this
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/brendanoneill2/100133825/the-hounding-of-psychic-sally-is-becoming-a-modern-day-witch-hunt/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sally Morgan - Page 2 Empty SNU at it again

Post by Inspiration Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:26 pm

Has anyone seen this on the Psychic News website. Looks like the SNU are still at it!
http://psychicnews.subhub.com/

Inspiration

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:46 pm

Inspiration wrote:Has anyone seen this on the Psychic News website. Looks like the SNU are still at it!
http://psychicnews.subhub.com/
At what? I can see no reference to Sally Morgan in your link?
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:31 pm

Yes Inspiration there is no point randomly posting this link when there are appropriate discussion threads
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:05 pm

There's a clip on tinternet I saw recenly purporting to show Salli Morgan with earpiece. Quite clearly its a mic WITH an ear piece after the manner of spectacles simply to hold the mic in place under her hair. Lots of stage workers use those. Sally's a grafter and anyone who has seen her work and knows mediumship can see she's genuine. None of us are on top form all the time and the trouble with stage shows is that your erse is on the line from the minute you walk on.Ill wishers can and do attend. You seldom get that with dems in spiritualist venues.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:10 pm

KatyKing wrote:There's a clip on tinternet I saw recenly purporting to show Salli Morgan with earpiece. Quite clearly its a mic WITH an ear piece after the manner of spectacles simply to hold the mic in place under her hair. Lots of stage workers use those. Sally's a grafter and anyone who has seen her work and knows mediumship can see she's genuine. None of us are on top form all the time and the trouble with stage shows is that your erse is on the line from the minute you walk on.Ill wishers can and do attend. You seldom get that with dems in spiritualist venues.
I don't think the issue is whether it was a mic or an earpiece but what was communicated and by whom. As for hard work and reputation, they are no guarantee of honesty as evinced by the behaviour of many MPs.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:38 pm

I can only speak as I find and I've seen her work. Definitely genuine. Not especially good on that night but good enough. There's that buzz in the air when its of spirit. I can spot cold readers and psychic guessers a mile off. That two way radio schtick has been around since James Randi's day and what he noted was the directed accuracy. No one could accuse Sally of that on the night we saw her. When she did link she did well but she had to fish a bit now and then to get a link.
100% with you on MPs. Scumbags the lot of 'em.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:48 pm

KatyKing wrote:I can only speak as I find and I've seen her work. Definitely genuine. Not especially good on that night but good enough. There's that buzz in the air when its of spirit. I can spot cold readers and psychic guessers a mile off. That two way radio schtick has been around since James Randi's day and what he noted was the directed accuracy. No one could accuse Sally of that on the night we saw her. When she did link she did well but she had to fish a bit now and then to get a link.
100% with you on MPs. Scumbags the lot of 'em.

Presumably the people allegedly hearing the voice from the window were just speaking as they found. Very Happy

I have to say I have only seen her on TV but found her style excruciatingly patronising and she could have fished for Iceland Lol. I am not saying that she has no genuine ability, but rather that I didn't find her at all credible, even on edited TV performances.

I would be interested to know why you thought she was accurate. Did you receive personal evidence or someone you knew or speak to any of the recipients of messages?

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:17 am

Someone from our church had clear evidence on the night and no one spoke to any of us before we sat down. It was a mini bus outing for us as well not a home town gig. Definitely genuine and of spirit. I'm no advocate of stage shows and the telly breeds monsters. Seen some good people spoiled by micro slebrity. One chap no names no pack drill but a scouse serial polygamist. He knows who he is. Lovely medium when he worked the churches,did telly got an agent did more telly and is a complete cold reading charlatan these days.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:50 am

Interesting clearly the courts thought the Daily Mail went to far Sally Morgan won 125,000 pounds
http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/daily-mail-agrees-pay-substantial-damages-tv-psychic-sally-morgan-over-report-suggesting-she-cheated
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:24 am

Hmm there is more to this.

Indeed this blog is worth a look, I love how he ties Hitler in to mediums are not fortune tellers ( which I agree with) via the Spirits predicting and working for no World War 2 - Now that is very true, interesting sections in the Canadian Prime Ministers, William Lyon Mackenzie King, diaries of the time I have copies of his entire set from writing a piece about him for the old version of Psychic News.
http://jerome23.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/libelling-sally-morgan-the-hitler-connection/

Its also interesting no action was taken against the Guardian the report from which Zerdini started this thread.
http://m.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/jun/20/daily-mail-libel-damages-tv-psychic

It also important to note that it was settled out of court so claims, like Zammit's that the British High Court endorse Psychics, are wrong.

Its also worrying that half the people who write about it in defending Sally indicate no idea of the differentiation between Psychic and Medium.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:06 am

I agree, as for endorsing mediumship and psychics; the judgement doesn't do anything of the sort. If the original article in the guardian was simply reporting what the people in the audience said, as opposed to making an accusation of fraud then that may be the difference I suppose and might explain why no actions was taken.

Accusing a person of fraud is easy to do and is obviously a very serious matter. It requires more than innuendo or a conviction that 'since mediumship is impossible, it must be fraud' and commenting on that basis. It's a lesson that quite a few people with strong opinions about mediumship could benefit from. 

Just as it is vital that evidence is provided to support claims of mediumship, so should it also be for accusations of fraud. 

I guess the Daily Heil realised that they didn't have enough evidence to support their assertion and cut their losses.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by morriganish Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:39 am

Sally Morgan. is a psychic nothing else, this lady asks people to put photos of loved ones and notes stating who they hope to hear from. To. me that is not Mediumship

morriganish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next