SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychic News TRUTH campaign to end fraud in physical mediums

+9
Inge
Deb
Mic
Lis
Slatewriter
obiwan
mac
Left Behind
Admin
13 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Psychic News TRUTH campaign to end fraud in physical mediums - Page 4 Empty Re: Psychic News TRUTH campaign to end fraud in physical mediums

Post by obiwan Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:00 pm

mac wrote:Today I ended up in this thread by error.   Looking back we'd been promised we'd learn more about events mentioned in the thread but it's over 4 months and we've not had any further communication from Inge.

I wonder what we should conclude?  Neutral
Quelle surprise?

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Psychic News TRUTH campaign to end fraud in physical mediums - Page 4 Empty Re: Psychic News TRUTH campaign to end fraud in physical mediums

Post by mac Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:20 pm

Yep, been there, heard similar, before.... It's always gonna happen in the future and the future never comes.

Perhaps what was discovered was a very inconvenient truth?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:47 pm

mac wrote:Yep, been there, heard similar, before....  It's always gonna happen in the future and the future never comes.

You may think that however I couldn't possibly comment.....

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:19 pm

obiwan wrote:
mac wrote:Yep, been there, heard similar, before....  It's always gonna happen in the future and the future never comes.

You may think that however  I couldn't possibly comment.....

Oh please DO! Very Happy I promise I won't tell anyone what you say.... Laughing

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:20 pm

Inge couldn't come up with any evidence, I reckon.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:26 am

I was thinking about this thread too Mac. Since the new protocols were put in place very little has been heard from the physical mediums and what they intend to do next. Messrs Scott and Thompson, the two close friends are noted by their silence (and Banyan Retreat). In David Thompson's case it just maybe the last events in Australia created other problems for him but the silence sounds very loudly

Whilst I doubt the possibility of so called protocols will never bother Kai and Caylor we hear less about them especially following the last exchanges from Stephen Braude about Kai ( https://www.spiritualismlink.com/t2208-investigation-into-the-mediumship-of-kai-muegge ). I am also aware that many eyes have been opened about the work the whole group of current PM's were doing so bookings are much harder to get.

One wonders about the others but clearly any public claims they make will all be judged against the new "rules" in the Truth campaign so flying below the radar is probably the way they have all chosen to go. Its hard to believe that, given the sums being earned at each seance or event, they will willingly walk away. I suspect its all in the timing, allow the campaign to slide from the public mind and then re start.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:11 am

Kai Muegge was mentioned in the current (September) issue of Psychic News: in conjunction with an effort to re-start the Scole project.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:52 am

Kai would genuinely help to take thp Scole down a wormhole. Yes Roy may mention it but not unless its subject to his protocols will he support it. Part of the modern Psychic News role is to expand into all things Psychic. I have nothing more to add to the story of Kai that is not already on this forum

Last edited by Admin on Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:22 am

I can't decide whether to laugh-out-loud (lol) or shake my head in dismay and disbelief - shidad!

Is there any wonder I'm uninterested and disillusioned about something once very dear to me? Right from being a small child I have disliked circuses and I always hated the antics of the clowns.

I'm 70 now but my distaste for such low-brow entertainment is as strong as when I was a child.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:41 pm

But as with anything and everything in corporeal life, Mac, there's good and bad. Sure, Spiritualism has its share of charlatans, antics, and shallowness. But, it's also been providing grief for the bereaved, evidence in favor of the afterlife, and for many, a religion or philosophy to live by, for 170 or so years now.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:02 pm

Left Behind wrote:But as with anything and everything in corporeal life, Mac, there's good and bad. Sure, Spiritualism has its share of charlatans, antics, and shallowness. But, it's also been providing grief for the bereaved, evidence in favor of the afterlife, and for many, a religion or philosophy to live by, for 170 or so years now.

Oh don't get me wrong, J. It wasn't Spiritualism I was referring to. What I found in that philosophy still underpins my own understanding and influences the way I see life here and life beyond.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:00 am

No Jim I think Mac was referring to the efforts of our modern wouldbe physical mediums. In honesty, and sadly, they follow well trodden ground.

Lis's detailed research on the early years and my detailed research into the Davenports, newspaper article tracking their entire career (in conjunction with Marc Demarest) and the Bangs Sisters, oh did I mention the one time Jonathan Koons operated outside his Spirit House, for the editor of a Spiritualist newsletter (a supporter) he too was caught cheating.

In the area of physical mediums white crows are few and far between, all too often even those with the best credentials have a strike or two against them. Often our belief is based upon avid supporters of Spiritualism (there is nothing so strong as a wish to see phenommena to allow it to appear), who just accepted what came along through the excitement, expectation and darkness. It is equally true that it was, most often, dedicated Spiritualists that brought the problem to light and tried to stop it.

If it were not for the messages I have received and those I have given where the evidence is specific and the recipient was not thinking of the events, or the person, the unravelling of so many would be champions may have stopped me from remaining a Spiritualist. However, we have some magnificent day time materialisations, even so the mediums involved in two of them, who have pretty impeccable records, can be brought into question because of some events that ocurred where the evidence against them is hard to refute.

Hopefully the new protocols will prevent a resurgence but people forget over time.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:09 am

Yes my dismay was over the continued, deplorable situation surrounding phenomenalist practitioners purporting to be physical mediums and especially Left Behind's mention of the report from the latest Psychic News publication.

Kai Muegge involved in a re-invention of the NSSF wheel?  oy vey!  Mad

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:13 am

"Scole 

The Final Project to prove physical phenomena"

I've stopped taking PN but saw the above on the front cover.  shidad

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:43 pm

I put no credence in any current PM activity that isn't going to coincide with PN's (or other reasonable) protocols.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:04 pm

Does anyone know if any medium has sat to demonstrate physical mediumship using the recent AFC protocol?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:52 pm

mac wrote:"Scole 

The Final Project to prove physical phenomena"

I've stopped taking PN but saw the above on the front cover.  shidad

Yup Mac lets hope they open a very large portal and disappear down it, given someone told me Kai has used LSD then maybe he will follow the white rabbit and disappear.

I think Scole was interesting originally but then found a way to disappear up its own rear end.I suspect a few researchers reputations went with it.

I note Roy only reported it without supporting it; it goes with the role which has been laid out for Psychic News since it was rescued (now I wonder what I helped to achieve?)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:27 am

What does shidad mean Mac?

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:03 am

obiwan wrote:What does shidad mean Mac?

shaking head in dismay and disbelief  

I coined it as I couldn't find anything appropriate for some of the crap I was reading at that time!  Plus ca change.....  Wink

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:40 am

mac wrote:
obiwan wrote:What does shidad mean Mac?

shaking head in dismay and disbelief  

I coined it as I couldn't find anything appropriate for some of the crap I was reading at that time!  Plus ca change.....  Wink
Aha! Many thanks Smile

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:05 pm

Admin wrote:

I note Roy only reported it without supporting it; it goes with the role which has been laid out for Psychic News since it was rescued (now I wonder what I helped to achieve?)

I think that PN is on what is probably the only viable course. Yes, they are publishing a lot of dross, but a lot of good stuff along with it: and thy are one of the few lights in Spiritualism that is getting brighter rather than dimmer.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:17 pm

Left Behind wrote:
Admin wrote:

I think that PN is on what is probably the only viable course. Yes, they are publishing a lot of dross, but a lot of good stuff along with it: and thy are one of the few lights in Spiritualism that is getting brighter rather than dimmer.

A light brighter than PN used to be when I started reading it over 30 years ago or just brighter than it was after it was almost taken out of existence?  Wink

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:54 pm

mac wrote:
Left Behind wrote:
Admin wrote:

A light brighter than PN used to be when I started reading it over 30 years ago or just brighter than it was after it was almost taken out of existence?  Wink

I doubt that anything in Spiritualism is better now than it was 30 years ago. But arguably, Spiritualism has been on a downhill course for about 80 years. Anything that is going against this trend is a good thing.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:13 pm

Bumping along the bottom, perhaps sometimes rising slightly?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:09 pm

Slatewriter wrote:
Admin wrote:
Slatewriter wrote:
Admin wrote:Given the recent events with Mannion and Thompson in Queensland

Has there been some recent allegation directed at Thompson ?

Hi Slatewriter, the most important one is that the materialised Spirit trod on many feet in a seance just as in the one Roy Stemman experienced.

Dear Admin,
the same thing happened to me at a David Thompson seance some years ago. The materialised form of Louis Armstrong whooshed into existence and was handed a harmonica by a circle member. Then he proceeded to tap his feet and play, as he moved around the piece of white hardboard which had been placed over the carpet in the centre of the room. As he moved around the circle, he trod on my foot.
I distinctly felt the tip of the sole of a shoe on my unshod left foot. Mr Thompson was the only person in the room wearing footwear at the time. From that point I began to question the entire evening's events. I could go on...

I'd go even further -- or start even earlier -- and automatically discount any of these alleged celebrity materializations. Why would Louis Armstrong -- or Louis XIV -- be showing up as if on the medium's command, for the audience's entertainment?

To me, the whole purpose of mediumship, whether mental or any form of physical, is to provide evidence of the afterlife, consolement for the bereaved, and an outlet for the discarnate to communicate with another plane of existence. It never has anything to do with entertainment.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next